Blog Archive

Saturday, November 11, 2023

LITTLE WOMEN 1934 - JO & BETH








LITTLE WOMEN 1934 - JO & BETH. This was scanned from a well loved vintage set. Current reproductions do not do justice to the vivid colors of the March sisters wardrobe. Unfortunately this set was incomplete and had some damage so I have spent a considerable amount of time attempting to digitally restore it. This is especially true of the hats and small accessories.
[If you choose to cut out the dresses I would suggest trimming straight down from the sides of them and across the bottom of the shoes. Close cutting of the lower legs and feet seems to have resulted in their tearing off over time and being lost. I have included cutting lines on the dolls themselves to serve as a guide. Also something that I do with the thin parts of hats and accessories is to affix clear scotch tape to the back before I cut them out. This serves to strengthen the paper and prevent bending and tearing.]
It is a beautiful set based on the 1933 film staring Katherine Hepburn and the perfect activity for this time of year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINDA LOU

LINDA LOU. Here is Linda Lou and some spiffy outfits from the early 1970's. These remind me of fashions worn by some of my college class...