Blog Archive

Saturday, January 27, 2024

ANNE BAXTER











ANNE BAXTER. Here is my mash-up creation representing the film star of such hits as ALL ABOUT EVE and THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. And very stylish she is too with some nice hats.

[I've been asked why I do these paper dolls. In a former life I worked as a set and costume designer for the theater (Check out jamesmaynardtheatricaldesigns.blogspot.com) but I am now retired and find myself with limited mobility. Making and cutting out the paper doll fashions helps to keep my fingers nimble enough for other everyday activities. Using the computer mouse to find and restore the dolls and their wardrobe digitally allows me to keep working in my field in a way and helps to keep my mind engaged from day to day. A form of occupational therapy which I enjoy doing and sharing with you.]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOAN FONTAINE

JOAN FONTAINE. Here is the Oscar winning actress with some of the fashions worn in her films. A lovely doll indeed. [I will be on vacation s...